Schedule Your Golf Outing or Private Golf Lessons in Rockville at Manor Country Club
Manor Country Club’s Championship 18-Hole Golf Course, designed by William Flynn and renovated by Arthur Hills, has been named one of the top five golf course renovations by Golf Magazine.
From the novice golfer to the most experienced and every level in between, Manor Country Club offers a full golf experience for our members in Rockville. In addition to our stunning championship golf course, members enjoy a 9-hole executive golf course. If you need to brush up on your stroke, we have full golf practice facilities including a driving range, putting greens, and a short game facility. We feature a full team of PGA Golf Professionals available for customized group or individual instruction programs for every skill level as well as excellent junior programs.
To learn more about our golf outings and private golf lessons in Rockville, please contact Manor Country Club today at 240-514-4412!
Golf Course & Facility Highlights
Our exceptional golf course and top-notch practice facilities are the centerpieces of day-to-day activity here at Manor Country Club. We boast the best-conditioned course in Maryland with bent grass greens that make every putt achievable. Plus, our Executive Harry Pitt 9 is unlike any other nine-hole course in the area.
Come to Manor Country Club for a fantastic golfing experience, and stay for the incredibly inviting family atmosphere. You’ll be hard-pressed to find another golf club where it’s easier to make new friends!
Instructional Golf Programs for Adults
There’s no better way to improve your golf game than to attend golf school at Manor Country Club. The National Golf Foundation declares that students who take golfing lessons reduce their handicap by an average of 14 percent.
Manor has a variety of golf programs for all ages and skill levels. For the ladies, we offer:
- Manor Private Golf Academy
- Women’s Spring Golf Clinics
- Women’s Competition Clinics
- Beat the Pro Happy Hour
- Manor Golf 101
- Manor Golf 202
- Women’s Total Golf Schools
- Back to School Clinic
- And more!
Youth Instructional Golf Programs
We also have wonderful youth programs, which have developed some of the best amateur talent in Rockville! Our junior golfers have been named Maryland State Amateur Champion, WMGA Champion, and Mid-Atlantic Amateur Champion. Some have also participated in the US Senior Open and qualified for the USGA Mid-Amateur Championship and the Drive, Chip & Putt at Pinehurst Resort. Our programs include:
- Spring Clinic Series – Train to Learn (Ages 5-16)
- After School On-Course Clinics – Train to Compete (Ages 8-16)
- PGA Junior League Golf (Ages 8-13)
- Manor Drive, Chip & Putt Contest (Ages 7-15)
- Elite Junior Golf Camp (Ages 9-17)
- Fall Ball Series (Ages 7-14)
- Summer Golf Camps
Features of Our Golf Lesson Plans
Our instruction lesson plans offer the following:
- V1 Software Swing Analysis: Using our V1 teaching software, one of our PGA Professionals can lay out a plan to tailor your swing to be more productive with less effort.
- Flight Scope Analysis: Players who strike the ball half an inch off the center of the clubface can lose up to 10 percent of the distance. Our new Flight Scope Launch Monitor can provide details about your club path and centeredness of contact. Attack angle plays a key role in hitting iron shots high and landing softly. Our Flight Scope Launch Monitor software can show you where you are and how to improve in order to get the results you want.
- Equipment Evaluation: Statistics from the National Golf Foundation show that nearly 27 percent of golfers have not been fit for clubs by a PGA Professional and play with equipment not fit for their needs or swing mechanics. Additionally, the PGA of America has concluded that 65 percent of all avid golfers have a set makeup with large distance gaps between clubs that inhibits scoring. Our PGA Professionals can evaluate your current equipment so you can hit the center of the clubface and make sure your set fills in all possible gaps in distance.
- Short Game School: Shots under 100 yards accounts for over 60 percent of a golfers score. Do you know how to play the correct shot for different situations? Is your setup going to promote inconsistency or missed-shots? Even if the short game is your greatest strength, spending time with a PGA Professional can shave strokes off your game.
- Putting Evaluation: At least 50 percent of your shots in a round of golf are likely to take place once you’ve reached the putting green. Many different putting methods exist and it is important to find a comfortable and repeatable stroke. Is your putter optimized for your specific stroke? Sometimes only small changes can make a big difference in your putting.
Call us at 240-514-4412 to learn more about our private golf lessons in Rockville!
Meet the Golf Academy Staff
The golf instructors and other staff at Manor Country Club are highly qualified for the job. Consider the talent and experience we offer our golf students:
- Mike Sullivan, Head Golf Professional: Before joining Manor Country Club, Mike gained valuable experience at other country clubs, including spending four seasons as an Assistant Golf Professional at a golf club in Boston. He has a BSM in Finance and an Advanced Certification in Teaching and Coaching through the PGA of America. Mike also has strong tournament experience having finished among the top competitors in several section events along with competing in the National PGA Assistant’s Championship.
- Greg Pieczynski, Director of Instruction: As a FlightScope Certified Instructor and an Elite Performance System Coach, Greg brings exceptional teaching knowledge to our golf club. He also has extensive tournament experience, having qualified for several collegiate-level National Championships and US Open Sectionals as well as winning three New England PGA victories in two seasons.
- Ricky Meade, Assistant Golf Professional: Ricky is a PGA Member and certified instructor through US Kid’s Golf. In college, he specialized in Professional Golf Management and taught a beginning golf class for the university.
- Clark Sisson, Golf Instructor: Clark brings a wealth of knowledge to Manor Country Club. He is a certified golfing instructor with years of experience serving at various country clubs. Clark is also a highly decorated PGA club professional with nine major championships under his belt. He routinely ranks among the top 30 playing professionals in the Mid Atlantic.
Join Our Private Golf Club in Rockville, MD
Want to improve your golf game? Manor Country Club is the best place for private golf lessons in Rockville! We’ll custom-design a comprehensive game-improvement plan to help you discover your strengths and weaknesses and lower your score on the green.